Artificial Angst

|
I've recently been accused of being pretentious, and today my own mother informed me that my blog was not the most entertaining to read. In an attempt to remedy this situation, I've mustered all the humor available to me, and squeezed out a dry, crusty joke. Are you ready for it?

Wolfram Alpha just launched. It answers data oriented questions in the fields of math, physics, music, chemistry, geography, etc; and is modeled off of the kind of general knowledge base required for artificial intelligence. I'm afraid, however, that any AI based off of this knowledge base will be filled with just as much existential angst as we are. I asked, for instance, what the answer to life was. Its reply is captured below (click on the image to run the query yourself):

1 comments:

Tim Henderson said...

Google has been giving the same answer for years. Since we all know the original source, we can all smile with collective understanding and smiles.